Tuesday, April 21, 2015

"It's not going to happen to me!"


“It’s not going to happen to me! I’ve been here for years and we never lost utility power. I turn the backup generator on an off once in a while and that’s enough. I’m not spending money on a load test and the fuel to run the test” All too often this mindset leads to tenants or clients who are rightly upset when the “it can’t happen here” happens and the backup generator doesn’t function when called upon. The cost of periodic load testing and proper maintenance pales in comparison to possible business losses from power outages. Even after extensive press coverage of power outages from hurricanes, earthquakes, tornados, floods and utility problems, most facility owners and managers wait until it happens the first time to take load testing of the backup generator testing seriously.      

No comments:

Post a Comment